Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 or IGF-1 is identified as a hormone which is identical to insulin in structure and does the job of growth hormone for reproducing and regenerating cells. This also helps you to build your muscles and avoids something when a person deals with cancer. However, this hormone is also vital for healing and tends to be little who is suffering from chronic inflammation. Growth hormone is manufactured by the pituitary gland and it stimulates your liver for producing IGF-1 and this compound arouses cell growth all through your body thus leading to development, building muscle, strengthening of tissues, and healing skin bones.
It is so vital for development that if not present in sufficient quantities during a child’s development then the child may develop a short stature. This hormone is also named Somatomedin C. However, there is one inhibitory action of IGF-1 also. This hormone can hinder the combination of natural hormones in your body and testosterone in high levels is responsible for the expansion of males’ breast tissues, which is also known as gynecomastia. So it is mandatory to be cautious before using supplements as they may disturb your metabolic system particularly when you are suffering from an illness.
Positive effects of this hormone
- Growth – This hormone promotes growth in children and makes sure they grow tall. However, drinking milk increases the growth of young children. All through the childhood, this result is considered positive to ensure that children grow tall and strong.
- Development of the digestive area – According to a study, this hormone is found in breast milk and this assists in the improvement of the coating of the digestive region and other structures in the new-borns.
- Mending the digestive path – This hormone plays a defensive role in improving gastrointestinal disorders, chemotherapy-induced disorders of the mucosa lining the gut and fiery bowel disease.
Ways of improving your levels
According to numerous researchers, many foods or nutrients raise its levels in humans. Here are some of the foods to increase the levels of IGF-1 in humans:
- Saturated fat, dietary fat, protein excluding carbohydrate
- Protein derivative from fish, poultry and milk
- Human breast milk
- Protein from fish, zinc and seafood
- Dairy products, polyunsaturated fat, calcium and milk
However, based on scientific evidence these foods are not only healthy but they can be utilized as a balanced diet also.
Effectiveness of the spray form
As you became aware, growth hormones and insulin-like growth factor regulate your growth and encourage the production of cellular development. This is also true that a person who lacks these hormones largely benefit from supplementation. The results are dependent on many factors like your age, exercise levels, diet, the power of the cycle used and most importantly the occurrence of any medical condition, particularly who are affected by the metabolic and endocrine system. Additionally, you should be aware while using protein-based anabolics for increasing testosterone levels, muscle mass or inspire other GH factors, may create side effects. Like one inhibitory action of IGF-1 is it possibly reduces glucose tolerance among diabetic patients.